Cmune Launches UberStrike, Facebook’s First Free-to-Play Cross-Platform FPS (PC – News)
Console-quality FPS Social Game Breaks New Ground
BUSAN, South Korea – Cmune Ltd. announced at G-Star 2010, South Korea’s biggest game trade show, the launch of UberStrike, the world’s first cross-platform free-to-play first person shooter. UberStrike is available for both Mac and PC on Facebook, Cmune’s own portal and soon MySpace, Apple Widget, and as a HD client. It is the first and largest first person shooter built using the Unity game engine.
“It is the dawn of a new era for FPS games where the action is just a click away, directly in your favorite social platform, enabling you to connect and play instantly with your friends. We found that a large number of users had interests beyond farming, pet breeding and aquariums, so we set out to offer them a dose of adrenaline.” says Shaun Lelacheur Sales, Co-Founder of Cmune and Lead Designer of UberStrike.
In UberStrike, players battle it out across all major social networks with players from every continent. During its open beta, the game registered over 1,000,000 visitors across its various channels and keeps growing at a fast pace.
“First-person shooters are a multi-billion dollar genre and totally untapped inside social platforms. No need for a console, a powered-up PC, or buying anything, we offer all the epic action you can take directly where you are.” says Ludovic Bodin, Co-Founder and CEO of Cmune.
The UberStrike community culture has been maturing since the alpha launch and its active membership organizes and moderates itself around a shared spirit of fun and action. Here are some of the things they have to say about UberStrike:
“…never played a FPS this good in a browser.” – KXI System
“I play UberStrike for the uberness of the game, the fans, and the smackdown you can unleash on someone!” – Crimson Assassin
“It’s free, it’s fun and it’s awesome. There are heaps of community members willing to give you virtual cookies. What more could you ask for?” – Shadowhand
“I will not stop playing this until I’m dead. It’s action packed with real people. You have to play it if you want to be Uber like the rest of us!” – Paint-B Master
· Dozens of sick weapons, including huge guns like the Force Cannon and the Battle Snake, deadly sniper rifles like the Vanquisher and the Particle Lance, and gruesome melee weapons such as UberHammer and the Mythic Edge to show others who’s boss.
· Varied maps to fit your gameplay.
· Friendly community, tournaments and beastly clans.
· Over 10 million gear combinations to personalize your character and new items introduced at neck-breaking pace.
· Multi-access via Facebook, MySpace, Apple Widgets, Portal and HD client download. Yes, in the browser and on your Mac too.
· No farming… Adrenaline!
You must log in to post a comment.