For those of you who are adventurous food mongers, I have recently discovered a fusion dish that may tickle your tummy. Red curry from Thailand is full of many flavours and not to mention, always fiery. The fiery bright sauce brings a new taste to pasta where regular pasta sauce cannot, and the addition of sweet apple chuncks with compliment and round out the taste. What you get is a complex layer of textures and flavours to a classic dish that sorely needs a makeover.
1 chopped granny smith apples
1 finely diced red onion
1 pack of fresh beef ravioli
1 jar of red curry (preferably from Thailand)
1 bunch of finely chopped parsley
1 finely minced garlic
1) boil and cook beef ravioli until ravioli float to the surface and cook for 3 minute. Then removed from water and placed in a dish to cool.
2) on a non-stick pan, saute onions, garlic until soft
3) add curry sauce and simmer for 3 minutes
4) add apples and simmer for another 2 minutes.
5) now add the ravioli, parsley and tossed until everything is fully coated.
6) salt and pepper to taste (servings 3-4 people)